Monday, January 26, 2009

restless


waking in a sweat
but I was never really asleep
rest ain’t the same
with something on my brain
I have something to do
but I cant remember what
and I cant sleep with vague thoughts of urgency
keeping me up
and when I’m awake
I can’t think
because I’m not doing what I’m supposed to be
but I don’t know what that is
or maybe I’m scared of what that should be
I can’t run fast enough
away from what I’m supposed to do
and I cant sleep long enough
to rest up for another fight
against what I know in my heart is right

1 comment:

THE JODY said...

I really like this entry cause I can relate to it. As a fellow person in the creative realm, I totally can relate to being restless sometimes especially when a creative idea pops into your head or the creative bug bites you at 3 in the morning.

Sometimes I can't sleep period when I am working on sometime even though I have to be at work at 8 every morning.

Being restless is good sometimes I think if your doing something positive or fulfilling during the restless period.