Wednesday, February 4, 2009

GOP getting diverse


Read a news headline today that said “Joe the Plumber advises GOP”. Not wanting to jump to any uneducated conclusions, I clicked on the title and read the one page article. Yes it is true, the title says it all, Joe is sitting down with GOP geniuses and is giving them advice. OH where to begin. Joe the plumber (with no license) reminds me of the folks we see on the evening news who are always at the scene of some crime jumping in front of the camera to give their 2 cents. You know the people we cringe at as soon as we see the camera pan the scene. The loudest folks in the bunch with the least amount of pertinent information, but get the most air time. Yeah Joe is white version of that to me. Now I realize that someone stuck a microphone in his hand and shoved a camera in his face and asked him a question. I understand that this by no means was a well thought out plan by him to become famous. Yes I do blame the media for encouraging bafoonery on all levels. But this right here, the GOP using this guy, who has at no time during his 15 months of fame ever shown me any political savvy, is some stupid shit, plain and simple. Really GOP? Is this all you could find? Trying to represent the common man, huh? To me Joe represents a certain percentage of America, as does the crime scene locals who vie for camera time on the evening new. Between Joe the plumber(the common man), Sarah Palin(a woman) and Michael Steele(a black man, and I’m not saying Mr. Steele is incompetent), I think the GOP think they are covering all their bases. They are convinced that the non-diversity card will never be pulled on them again. I say GOP you need to spend less energy in pretending to give a f**k about us and more energy into actually giving a f**k about us.

And let me just add this disclaimer as well, I don’t care for any of the political parties in this country, I don’t discriminate against any of the parties, I equally dislike them all. Thank you.

No comments: