Wednesday, October 22, 2008

no title

running through the forest clutching my macbook pro, I dare not look back, gotta keep moving forward. I finally figured it out, I finally figured it out! I shout to myself as I leap over a fallen tree trunk. I’m not running along a path, but cutting through the forest, making my way on my own terms, trying so hard not to twist my ankle or stumble over tree branches. as I side step an elm, I enact a basketball move I saw Iverson do a very long time ago. I step and spin around the tree, pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose with my index finger. I know the clearing is up ahead, it just has to be. on google maps it said the clearing was only a few feet from my point A. trying not to gasp for air, daring not to pause for a moment, I can see the clearing bouncing in front of me, just past a few more trees, I’m almost there. Yes, I made it to the clearing, I slow down to a fast walk. I’ve reached a cemented side walk that is alive with the movement of people bustling to the jobs. I straighten out my clothes, brush the leaves and dirt off my shoes and loosen my grip, slightly, on my macbook pro. I look behind me briefly as I stand in front of a towering building in the city center. I made it before they did. I wipe the sweat from my brow and give a sigh of relief. I step forward into the building, but wait something isn’t right. I feel a tug on my heart. my macbook pro suddenly becomes heavy. My legs become stiff and my shoulders are weighted down. I bow my head in frustration, take another deep breath and force myself through the glass doors. Shaking my head I say to myself “I know, I know”.


This is an example of the voyage of a brilliant idea being sold to the highest bidder.

1 comment:

Monicarol.Evans said...

Girl! We gotta get you a book deal.

But seriously, I wonder how many people feel like that everyday.

Somethings are a matter of timing. Even when you like what you do, you like you co-workers, you believe in your organization, sometimes something just ain't right. And work just seems futile.