Friday, October 31, 2008

Confession

I have a confession to make.  I’m a tech geek with a tech degree and I don’t like the internet.  I don’t like twitter and I’m not a blogger.  Let me specify, oh wait, I was being specific, I don’t like the internet.  I don’t like using it to meet my social jones.  Ok, yes that is more specific.  I like to talk to people one on one in person.  I like to go to social gatherings and interact with real live people.  And once I’m done with my outings, I like to be left alone.  I’m not big on talking on the phone, I do prefer text messages, but this isn’t about my hatred for the phone, this is about my dislike of the internet.  So anyway, I don’t like social sites like myspace, facebook, blackplanet, downelink, yet I’ve had accounts on most if not all of those sites.  I’ve deleted most of my accounts too.  

 

I don’t like the people I meet online either.  I mean I like them when I don’t have to see them, but once the internet façade is gone, and they have to present themselves to me, I can see right through all of their petty little coverings.  I can see all that they are trying to hide, quite clearly.  I usually cant tolerate what I see either.  Now I will say I have met about 3 people over the past 6 years that are real and true and I talk to all the time, but 3 people over 6 years, you do the math, its just not worth it to me.

 

I don’t twitter and I don’t like to blog.  But Tiha, you say, you write 2 blogs and make guest appearances. Yes, yes I know.  They are a means to an end for me.  I created my personal blog, for the third time, as a platform for my art, I needed something to get me writing again, and it worked!  The blog I cowrite is my therapy for my work, and I’m not giving that up. But I’m not a blogger.  I don’t even like reading other people’s blogs.  I only read certain ones, I’m so picky, just like the people I choose to keep around me, and just like the food I put into my body, oh so picky. 

 

So I write all of this to say my visibility online will become minimal.  I’m staying true to me, that means I don’t need online attention, I don’t like online attention, so I’m turning the spotlight back onto those who deserve it.  Not the kid.

 

And for all those hyper sensitive online junkies who straight up got their feelings hurt over this blog that had nothing to do with them, bite me!

3 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

I'm about to start being picky... it seems as of late that the blog world brings more drama than real life and its so not worth it... I wish I could start over and do how you have done..

I still try to look at is as a venting place for me though... and with that it keeps me sane

Ain HD said...

"The blog I cowrite is my therapy for my work, and I’m not giving that up. But I’m not a blogger. I don’t even like reading other people’s blogs. I only read certain ones, I’m so picky, just like the people I choose to keep around me, and just like the food I put into my body, oh so picky."

I feel like I wrote this.

Anonymous said...

Everyone should just send me a 2 dolla money order while reading my blog and the world would instantly become a better place.LOL!