Monday, January 7, 2008

Generation X, yeah we’re still here

Generation X is in their 30s and 40s now. So what does this mean for the world? Well I’ll tell you what it means. It means good things, better things, it means hope. They said we got the world handed to us, I say they dangled it in front of us, to secure our subservience, then they snatched it away. We were the first experimentation group of the baby boomers. Crash test dummies in a way. All the moving and shaking, rabel rousing, and fussing the baby boomers did, in their free time mind you because most turned into corporate stiffs overworked and some grossly overpaid, gave way to many changes on the face of society. But they left it at just the face. It didn’t go that deep. And we were left with the botched face lift, false sentiments of unity and power to the people, and an all too real sense of authoritative fraud. Yeah, they said the world was ours, and for some of us we had it for awhile, and then it got snatched away, along with our jobs and our national security. Some of us graduated to the ruin known as the U.S. of A. Some of us never came back to graduate at all. We were built up to be kicked down, laughed at and labeled.

Lazy...isn’t that what they said, misguided, non-committal, moody, I mean really what the hell were we so mad about? Then we kind of fell off, you didn’t hear too much from us. We were incubating. We were giving those who think they run stuff enough rope to hang themselves. And the nooses are tightening all over the place. I’m smirking at what the future will bring. We are moving on up the chain, after all, isn’t that what you told us to do? We’ve had to find our way, our OWN way, all by ourselves and we did. We’ve had to learn how to be patient, and we have. So sleep with one eye open, don’t blink, or you’ll miss it, and before you know it, you’ll have a bright red X branded on your forehead, compliments from the generation they tried to count out.

2 comments:

Monicarol.Evans said...

So what were ya'll so angry about? And the boomers were all angry and protesting during Vietnam. Maybe GenXers are more like them than you think.....

Anonymous said...

Hey what is up I want you to see my page. I have one on myspace and I sent you a friend request so hit me up my blog is loveablelocks I think if not I will just e-mail the link okay out!!!

Keeba