Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Vent (previously posted on BlackWomanLostandFound)

I’m good at what I do
I can make you feel good too
Let my light illuminate your dark days
and let my words soothe away your pain
but before you think my service is free
that my emotional support is a pit to eternity
I need you to get it right
the redemption of your soul aint my fight
And for all my good deeds
and shoulders weighed with burdens
I’m going to need some reciprocity
this is my 2 week notice
Selfish isn’t a trait that I take lightly
I’m the only one who hogs up my space
I take myself highly
So when I’m down in the dumps
you betcha its your turn
to dry the tears of this clown
and turn my frown upside down
consider this vent a warning
heed it well
because one day I wont be there in the morning
you will be alone to deal with your hell

No comments: